- Court Divisions
- Law Library
- Reference Materials
Electronic & Print Resources
The Law Library contains a combination of electronic and print reference materials including state statutes, forms, legal periodicals, and IICLE practice handbooks.
Five public workstations are available in the Peoria County Law Library to access the following:
- Peoria County Legal Self-Help Center - This website was developed by Illinois Legal Aid Online and can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection. It provides legal information about legal rights and responsibilities, instructions on how to handle common legal problems, assistance with some legal documents and forms, and referrals to free and low-cost legal services. The Legal Self-Help Center does not provide legal advice to its patrons.
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw - View the Content Available (PDF) through Peoria County's Westlaw subscription. This website can only be accessed on the workstations located in the Law Library.
The following are some publications available in the Peoria County Law Library / Self-Help Center. Most, if not all, of this information is also available electronically via Thomson Reuters Westlaw.
- Attorney General opinions
- Cleary and Graham
- Code of City of Peoria
- Court of Claims decisions
- Horner Probate
- Hunter, Civil, Criminal, Homicide, Criminal Sentencing
- IICLE Practice Handbooks
- Illinois Bar Journal
- Illinois Compiled Statutes, Smith Hurd (annotated)
- Illinois Compiled Statutes
- Illinois Evidence Manual
- Illinois Jury Instructions
- Illinois Legislative Service
- ISBA section newsletters
- LaFave on Search and Seizure
- Official Illinois reporters (Illinois Appellate Reporter, Illinois Reports)
- Peoria County Code
Photocopies can be requested in Court Administration's office (Room 215) and printed pages can be picked up in Room 215 as well. Costs for each are $.20 per page unless a fee waiver is provided. Attorneys can check out publications for up to two weeks, but materials may be subject to recall by the library as necessary.